Everyone has their own morning routines right?? Making the bed, brushing your teeth, getting dressed etc. What if you could get into the pattern of adding in these small morning habits that are incredibly good for you?
Whether you love the morning or hate it, I hope you find these are simple enough to factor into your day. Minimum effort, maximum gain!
- M O V E. Even the laziest of us can do something useful for our bodies before we even get out of bed! This could range from an under the duvet stretch to a blasting the tunes morning dance around the house. Do whatever you feel is right for you but make sure you MOVE. Gently mobilise your joints, the ones in your spine and pelvis, swing your hips, shake out your shoulders, arms and legs. If you’re not doing this at least once a day….start now!
- DRINK WARM WATER. Fresh lemon optional, but beneficial. Drinking a small or preferably large glass of warm water first thing, a good 10-15 minutes before eating breakfast, will kick start your system into flushing waste products and it will also trigger your body to crave more water, which if you struggle to remember to drink your minimum 1.5L per day, can only be a good thing!
- BE STILL. Create a little space for yourself. It only needs to be 5 – 10 minutes. Maybe its in the shower, maybe its sipping your warm water. Take some time to listen to the birds, or the traffic(!). You’ll hear your thoughts but like a day dream maybe you can avoid getting caught up in them. The basic idea is to feel relaxed, but it might take practise. You can practise making a list of all the things you are grateful for, or want to achieve in the next 6 months. Create the time to dream and remember who you are on the deep inside and what you want to do with your life.
- MOISTURISE. 5 in 1 benefits here! Skin will be soft and smooth. Cellulite will be reduced. Self massage will relax you. Lymphatic drainage clears fluid and boosts your immune system. Circulation will be improved. Better still get someone else to rub lotion or oil on you! TOP TIP – use natural products like coconut oil or aloe vera or good quality moisturiser. Some of those really artificial cheap lotions actually put chemicals into your body and dehydrate your skin!
- PROMISE YOURSELF TO MAKE GOOD CHOICES TODAY: 3 examples:
- Think kind thoughts about yourself throughout the day.
- Listen to your instincts.
- Consciously avoid drama or negativity.
Let me know how you get on with factoring these into your morning and how you feel after a few weeks of practise.